Upgrades to desktop and laptop computers extend their life and usability. DC PC Solutions will give you honest advice on whether an upgrade will suit your needs. We listen to you and work out what’s important. Providing good service is vital to us and much of our business is from repeat customers or referral.
We’ll only recommend a new computer if upgrading isn’t the best option for you. To get the features and performance you need sometimes a new machine is more cost-effective. Unlike computer retail stores whose main business is selling new machines, upgrades are a major part of DC PC’s activity.
Before we ask you to consider hardware upgrades, we explore software and maintenance solutions, such as reformats, virus removal, or cleaning up hard drives. We do the same for our own computers. Why spend more than necessary?
Reasons for Upgrades
- Your computer is slow performing every day tasks.
- Videos freeze or the picture breaks up while viewing.
- Games won’t run or the graphics are poor.
- You run out of space to store your data, documents, photos, or videos.
- You now have extra requirements and your machine can’t cope.
- The only way to fix a broken computer is to replace components.
Types of Upgrades
Here are some of the most common upgrades we deal with here at DC PC Solutions:
- Adding extra RAM to speed up performance.
- Installing newer operating systems for their features and security
- Replacing hard drives because they are full, faulty, or run too slowly
- Adding extra hard drives to desktop computers
- Replacing a monitor for a larger version
- Installing better graphics cards on desktops
- Replacing desktop computer Power Supplies
- Replacing DVD drives
- Installing Blu-Ray Drives
All our hardware come with manufacturer guarantees for replacement or repair. Trying to get support from manufacturers however is often problematic. Here at DC PC we take time to explain what we’ve done and why. We’ll show you through any new features until we’re sure you understand. We are available by phone, email, or visits to answer any extra questions you have about your upgrade, and will help resolve any problems or issues you might as quickly as possible.
Pick Up Service
Most upgrades are best done in our office where we can do testing and back up data if needed. This works out cheaper for you. You can bring your machine to us, or we are happy to pick it up from your home or office and drop it back when finished.
There are no extra costs for out of hours work.