We cater to all your computer needs for set-up, repairs and maintenance.
New Computer Set-Up
If you bought a new desktop computer or laptop I can set it up for you:
- We’ll transfer emails, documents and photos from your old computer to the new one. Our priority is that you don’t lose any data because we know how precious your photos, videos, saved emails and documents are.
- Install software, web browsers, windows upgrades.
- Set up a home network and printer(s).
- Make sure you have the correct security and virus and malware scanners.
- Advise you on the best backup methods, and set up backup systems.
I troubleshoot any problems you have with your software, computer, internet connection, network or printers. I will only advise you to upgrade or replace parts if absolutely necessary.
Is your computer slow? You might just need a good clean up or virus removal. Full hard drives are often the culprit. If it’s not possible for us to free up enough space then we can add an extra hard. For really slow older computers we might advise upgrades or a new system.
We can back up and reformat your machine because of faults, viruses or new hard disks.
If you’re unsure about updating Windows let us do it for you.
Even those with lots of experience with computers get computer viruses and malware. There are so many around and new ones come along every day.
Those that steal personal information are the worst but others might stop your computer from working or cause unusual faults. You might not even be aware you have them.
Viruses are often the cause of poorly performing systems.
Check out our Computer Virus Removal & Protection page for more details.
Your Home or Business or at DC PC
If a job involves a lot of waiting time, we will do them at our own premises, rather than at your home. This works out much cheaper for you because we can work on other jobs while your software installs or files copied.